Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yamakasa!

Yamakasa was this morning!
And by "this morning", I mean THIS MORNING.
5 a.m. to be exact.

Yamakasa is so amazing. There are different teams from different parts of Fukuoka and they race to carry these HUGE shrines to an ending point. The amount of people involved is CRAZY. Kids and adults and everyone. Yamakasa is so fun. Water throwing, and oisa oisa, and being able to hear taiko drums in the distance.

ANYWAYS x2, there was a camera crew from FBS (a TV station in Fukuoka) following us so hopefully I'll make the cut and be on television tomorrow at 6:30!


One of the shrines broke at the very end and they started taking it apart and handing out the pieces! I happened to be super close so I went up and asked if I could have a part. Now I have a piece of Yamakasa to keep with me forever :)

But seriously, festivals are the coolest! 
I love them. I want to go to all of them.